2007 OBRA Hill Climb Championships
Important - VENUE CHANGE
This year's race will be held at Larch Mountain. We will return to Mt. Hood next year. See full details below.
Sunday, September 9th, 2007
Pre-race check-in from 8:00 to 9:00AM (if needed), first rider off at 9:30AM.
Start list will be released online on Saturday, September 8th.
Staging at Corbett School Complex:
- From the West or Downtown Portland -- Take I-84 East, go approximately 30 miles to Exit 22. Take Exit 22, right 2 miles to top of hill, veering right at the "Y", the Corbett School Complex is 500m on the left.
- From Eugene or Seattle -- take I-205 to I-84 East. Then apporximately 20 miles to Exit 22.
You can register two ways:
- Online - Click here
- Mail a check ($15, made out to "BBC") and OBRA release form to:
13785 NW Greenwood Drive
Portland, OR 97229
OBRA Championship Event:
Medals are awarded to OBRA Champions. This is an OBRA championship event. Only full season OBRA members are eligible for medals. You may compete with a one-day license, but you will not be eligible for medals.
- Junior Men 10-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
- Junior Women 10-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
- Senior Men, Category 3, Category 4/5
- Senior Women, Category 3, Category 4
- Masters Men 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
- Masters Women 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
- Starts--Beginning at 9:30AM, Riders will start at 30 second intervals.
- Course--Pavement is good to excellent overall, starting with two (2) smooth wide shouldered miles along the Scenic George Hwy, before turning onto Larch Mt. road for three (3) miles of rollers before a steady slow burn climb over the remaing 14.1 miles through old growth forest. Course climbs 3,000í over the 16.53 mile total. The summit finish park features an amazing and breathtaking view and is yours for a 300m walk up a paved and gravel path from finish. Note: The final 50m to the summit includes stairs but is worth the time and definitely the view.
- Going back down--Descents on Larch can be cold and wet. Be prepared! Riders should bring their own gear (backpack food, clothing, etc) for the trip back down the hill. You can check in a bag before 9:00am and it will be transported up the hill for you...Your gear will be waiting at the top when you arrive.
- A portion of each rider's entry will be donated to the local community association whose approval of this event is required to obtain our racing permits. We would like to thank them for their assistance and to remind riders they are ambassadors of OBRA and cycling.
- Please don't block traffic on your decent back down the hill. We don't want any complaints, and the residents here are not afraid to complain.
- For Bicycle Racingís Future: Youíre an ambassador of our sport, please act accordingly. Riders who blatantly disregard OBRA rules and conduct will be sanctioned as deemed appropriate by the race organizer and chief official.
- Requirements: This is an OBRA sanctioned event. Helmets must be worn at all times. This is a rural community inviting us to race. Please exercise common sense, etiquette, and rules of the road. Permits are for racing up the mountain only. Your return trip MUST follow the rules of the road. Please contact the race organizer about any questions.
Contact Erik Voldengen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 503-336-4893.