BEAR SPRINGS TRAP CROSS COUNTRY & SHORT TRACK EVENTS
SAT & SUN, April 30th & May 1st, 2011
Entry Fee Waived when you come prep course with us.
Race Info Line (503) 272-0146
OBRA Membership Required
Website: www.skibowl.com Then go to home then Summer then Adventure Park then Mt Bike then Racing
P.O.Box 320, Government Camp OR 97028
Fax: (503) 272-0240
- Location: McCubbins Gulch located on Mt. Hood National Forest near Bear Springs Ranger station.
- Registration forms: can be downloaded from www.Skibowl.com or www.OBRA.org/forms.
- Pre-registration: Entrance deadline is Thursday prior to event. Mail application to Hurricane Racing, P.O.Box 320, Government Camp, OR 97028 or fax application to 503-272-0240. You can now register online at www.obra.org (XC, XC, STXC & Pre-ride)
- License Requirements: All participants must hold a current OBRA license, and show proof of to ride in event. Licenses can be purchased at www.OBRA.org, they will also be available on site, but make things easy and pre purchase prior to event. They are $25 for adult annual, $5 for Jr annual. Single event license $5 for adults, Free for Jr.
- Entry fee: $40.00 for Sat pre-ride, Short Track, and Sun XC race, or $25.00 for just the Sun XC race. (Add $5.00 for Sun late Registration.)
- Late Registration: Sat: 11am-2:30pm and 5pm-7pm at the start/finish area. (Register Sat and save late fee!) Sun add $5.00 late fee at McCubbins Gulch start/finish area on Sunday 8:00am to 10:30am
- Start Times: Sat am pre-ride the course. Sat 3pm Short Track. Sun 11:00am for Pro/Cat I, 11:10am for Cat II at the bridge/parking, and 11:20am for Cat III at the registration site.
- Maps: Maps will be available on Sat 23rd during registration
- Course: Single lap format for all classes in rolling terrain, starting with motorcycle trails, continuing on with very pristine single tracks. All types of surfaces and trail conditions for Pro/Cat I (30+ miles). Cat II uses shortened Cat I course (20miles). Cat III ride 8.5 mile long single loop. Look at directional signs instead of jumping over them or blowing by them - it will make your day peachy, or you might have to find the Bear to help you with the trap
- Awards/Raffle: Following last racer arrival at finish area. Prizes and refreshments provided by Sellwood Cycle Repair and Team S + M.
- Parking: You will be directed to various locations near the start/finish area, NW Forest Passes required.
- Directions: From Portland - 52 miles to Skibowl (maps will be provided and hung on Ski School's door in the parking lot of Skibowl). Continue 19 miles on Hwy 26 east, turn left onto Hwy 216 to Maupin and follow it for 2 miles and turn left onto FS Rd 2130 until you come to day use area - that is our Start/Finish area. From Bend - Take Hwy 97 to Hwy 26 west through Madras/Warm Springs, then turn right onto Hwy 216 to Maupin and follow it for 2 miles and turn left onto FS Rd 2130 until you come to day use area - that is our Start/Finish area.
- Camping: Campsites may be available pending on snow melt, at Bear Springs Campground. However you will need a NW Forest Pass.
"In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington DC 20250 or 1-202-720-5964, "USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
"Mt Hood Skibowl LLC. and Hurricane Racing are permitte of the Mt. Hood National Forest." This event is being held under Forest Service Special Use Permit